Netable hosted an exclusive Google Partners Connect Event last Wednesday. As a part of this event, speakers from Google Australia & New Zealand shared some recent trends, insights with regards to the consumer buying behaviour in the digital world and the Google My Business tool. Enclosed are some of the key insights from the Google partners connect event 2016.
Why should you consider taking your business online?
- Businesses that make use of the web, expect to grow 40% faster than those who don’t
- 88% of consumers are researching items online and then buying it in a physical store
- Businesses with high levels of digital engagement are – a) 2 times more likely to be growing revenue , b) Earn 2 times more revenue per employee and c) 4 times more likely to be hiring
What influence has the smartphone revolution had on consumer’s buying behaviour?
- The average person checks their phone 150 times a day
- Majority of the smartphone users do all the research about a product they want to buy on the phone before visiting a shop to buy the product
- Want to know if your website is mobile friendly? You can use the free tool created by Google to test your website instantly – google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
Google My Business – An important tool for all local businesses
Google My Business is a tool which Google provides to businesses. Once set up, it instantly provides your business details like contact number, location for directions, past customer reviews and opening hours to anyone who searches your business on Google. It appears on the top right hand side of the google search page.
Why is Google My Business important?
- 40% of people who search for your business, would view the location of a competitor if they couldn’t see your business on the map
- 90% of consumers who search from phones, expect to be able to call a business directly from search results