Everyday millions of people access social media website like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Linkedin, Blogging and Flickr. Social media website allow users to post articles, website links, photos, videos, reviews etc. to share with the world and interact with each other in turn building an online community that is powerful because it is driven by the people and built on trust and common interest.
A successful social media marketing campaign has a ripple effect and can be the cheapest, fastest and most effective way to get your word out compared to a traditional method.
Benefits of social media marketing
Some of the benefits of using social media marketing for your business are as follows:
- Minimal Cost to set up. Since it is free to sign up or register for an account in most of the top
social media website and free to use your services, it is cost effective marketing tool.
- Social media websites has a huge volume of traffic that can generate quality traffic to your website.
- Social media websites have the potential to bring more visibility to your business. Businesses can take advantage of this and increase trustworthiness by providing a clear message and starting a conversation with potential customers. This will facilitate in making your business more credible and result in a better branding for your business.
- Social media marketing can enable your business to grow and expand your customers list. In facebook they are known as fans, in twitter they are called followers. No matter what they are called, the more the better for your business.
- Your business fans or followers are a great way to spread the message of the business around. Customer satisfaction means happy and loyal customer who will put in a good word for your business resulting in more relevant and targeted lead generation.
- Social Media website allows your customer to provide feedback and review about the services and products your business has to offer and it also enables customers to interact with other customers who are using the same product or services. Negative feedback is as important as positive ones because it will allow your business to take action and resolve things in a more proactive way.
- Feedback from the customers lets your business know more about your targeted audience, your expectation and experience with the products and services.
- Some social media website like Linkedin allows your business to associate and share with like minded people your expertise, upcoming ventures and other information that might come in handy for your business.
Social Media Marketing is increasing becoming important tool that every business can use to advertise their business and; if implemented with traditional marketing help towards success and growth for your business.